Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I


I had some friends a couple towns over who let me stay with them. I didn't tell them what had happened. They wouldn't believe me. I doubt any of you believe me.

I thought I was safe for a while. I thought he wouldn't find me there. I was wrong.

I was walking down the street one day, when I heard a motorcycle. I looked behind me, and I saw him. Sea was on a motorcycle, staring straight at me. We stared at each other for a little while. Then he spoke.

“I must complete the Tower,” he said.

He revved up the engine and drove straight at me. I jumped out of the way and jumped over a nearby fence.

I kept running. Every now and then, I stop running. I'll think that I've lost him. I'll think I'm safe. But I eventually learned the truth.

I'm never safe. I can never lose him. Not for long. He'll always find me again. I'll be able to slow down for a little while, stop at an abandoned house to rest. But I'll eventually hear his motorcycle outside the door, and I'll know I need to start running again.

I'm on the run from my brother.

I'm on the run from Sea.

I'm on the run from that damned metal skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment